Friday, July 5, 2013

Arrested Development Season 4 [Television]

Amount Viewed: Entire Season

As with just about every fan of the show I was looking forward to seeing more Arrested Development when I heard it was given a second life by Netflix. As the release date drew near I heard rumors of very character driven/focused episodes and then I started to realize what was happening. The ensemble would not be an ensemble.

So here are some major points that made season 4 difficult for me to enjoy:

  • No longer an ensemble where at least half the cast plays an active role in each episode
  • Michael is no longer the straight-man and anchor of the show -- instead he is now a lot like the rest of the characters in the family
  • The first episode I found to be tolerable the whole way through was Maeby's. (
  • I don't need to see every angle of a story through the eyes of every character.
  • Overload of stupid or unfunny

Gut: Unfortunate. "It just blue itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment